Referral To A Women’s Health Physiotherapist
The MUTU System program can be the perfect complement to your prescribed treatment but no exercise program can or should claim to, deal with every situation. Extremely severe diastasis or pelvic floor symptoms, hernia, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic girdle pain and other abdominal and pelvic conditions which may require medical intervention. You can read our full medical disclaimer here.
What Does A Women’s Health Physiotherapist Deal With?
Obstetrics issues including:
- Ante / postpartum joint pain
- Ante / postpartum muscular pain
- Ante / postpartum nerve pain
- Diastasis recti / abdominal retraining
Gynaecological issues including:
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Urinary incontinence
- Faecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic floor pain
- Sexual pain
When Should You See A Women’s Health Physiotherapist?
When you are:
- In pain. This could be pain in your back/neck/pelvis/ribs or sexual pain. If it hurts, get it checked out.
When you have:
- Pelvic floor problems (urinary or faecal incontinence, prolapse, pelvic floor pain, or are unsure if can contract correctly)
- Significant diastasis recti > greater than 3 fingers width
- Your current abdominal strengthening program is not working
- You feel anxious about returning to exercise safely, postpartum
- You’re not sure if you need to or not
What Can You Expect From Your Consultation And Treatment?
- 30 minute – 1 hour appointments
- Full assessment (verbal history and physical assessment)
- Treatment: hands-on and rehab
- A course of individually prescribed treatment
Goals And Outcomes
- Freedom from pain
- A strong, well functioning deep core and pelvic floor
- Improved posture
- Confident to exercise/lead a normal life